SSI Technical Extended Range Trimix Course
The SSI Technical Extended Range Trimix program provides divers with the training necessary to independently plan and conduct two-gas switch, multiple-stop decompression dives to depths of up to 60m, using specialised diving equipment and procedures with an equally-qualified dive buddy.
- Certification Prerequisites: Have Science of Diving and Stress and Rescue Certifications.
- Have logged at least 70 dives
- 20 deeper than 30m
- 10 Dives requiring staged decompression with one gas switch.
- Be certified in Extended Range Nitrox Diving or equivalent.
- Open Water Dives: 3 days (minimum)
- Maximum Training Depth: 60 meters
- Suggested Duration: 18 hours
All dives must be completed using one of the following configurations:
- A complete Extended Range Total Diving System appropriate for multiple-gas switch, accelerated decompression diving.
- Two stage cylinders and stage regulators, oxygen cleaned as required or;
- A complete XR Sidemount Total Diving System appropriate for multiple-gas switch, accelerated decompression diving.
- Two stage cylinders and stage regulators, oxygen cleaned as required.
We will complete a days academic development classroom session. You must complete an Technical Extended Range Diving final exam with a passing score of 80% and be able to independently plan a full dive plan using the Extended Range Dive Planning sheet. Open Water training will take place in RAK or Fujairah if training is done in the UAE. Alternatively training can be completed in Dahab, Egypt. (Your choice)
Dives 1 and 2 must be conducted no deeper than 40m. Dive 3 and 4 dives must be conducted no deeper than 45m. Dive 5 and 6must be conducted no deeper than 60m. At least one dive during the program must be to a depth of 55m.
How it works
You will be given sent an email to view the course materials on https://my.divessi.com/ to start your academic development. We will schedule 1 day to complete the first part of the academic development and kit configuration session. The Pool session will contain the swim test and development of trim, buoyancy and propulsion. 2 days of Open Water will be the bulk of the program, with further a academic development session to be scheduled. Thorough video debriefing and feedback will be given at the end of each day.
As with all SSI Extended Range Programs
- Certification lasts for life
- We can rent you kit but the benefit from this course comes by configuring your own equipment.
- All Learning Materials and Certification is included
- All Pool fees and sessions are included
- All consumables are extra (Nitrox, Deco Gas, Trimix)
- Open Water Dives (Boat Rides) are charged to the student (Student + Instructor)
- We are committed to your success, if you require more help we are there for you.